Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hi there

I'm an Information Services librarian studying in DE mode, halfway through the Masters of App Sci (Teacher Librarianship).

I'm quite familiar with blogs, having set up the first one for staff communication purposes in the library. It was a great success but the IT boys banned it for security reasons (this was quite a few years ago). I'm using the same account I set up back then for this blog, only the names and faces have been changed to protect the innocent.

I use Facebook and Twitter for personal communications as well as communicating with students via official Twitter and Facebook accounts. We also use wikis at work. My first computer, a
Commodore 64, and I were introduced in 1984 thus beginning a love/hate relationship which continues ... I'd say my biggest challenge nowadays, as for many people, is info overload.

This blog is my record of learning for ITC510 and structurally a work in progess.

No comments:

Post a Comment